Sunday 14 December 2014

Day 4 (Ti Tree to 40km past Barrow Creek)

Day 150km
7hours 10minutes
41degrees

Another hot and long day. We left around 8:30 after having a good chat with our hosts from the mango farm in the morning. It reminded me about my previous trip and how many nice people I'd met and then never saw again. Only difference is this time I have another person to share these experiences with and hopefully we can recap on these experiences in the future.

It felt incredibly hot again today, and I was a little worried I wouldn't do so well after having a bit of trouble yesterday evening. Fortunately I got through alright and Davi did too. We stopped after about 100km at a roadhouse and we both had about 5 superdooper icy poles each. They were 1$ each but were definitely worth it. To my good fortune the final day of the test against India was on the television in the roadhouse. We relaxed a bit and watched Australia win the match and not long after we left again. It still seems like Davi doesn't really get cricket, as he laughed when he realised it was the same match I was watching a day before we left for the trip! "A game goes for five days!?", he said to me. 

Now off to sleep as we have found a nice rest area on the side of the road. There's a few German backpackers parked here with there car and there being a bit noisy so hopefully we can get some sleep. A big day with 190km planned tomorrow, and supposedly the weather only getting harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment