Friday 31 May 2013

Day 135 (Broome - Rest Day)

May 16 (Thursday)

I spent today looking at rental properties close to the University where I will commence studying in July. I have realised on my ride that I would be more content with city living if I have access to my own garden space in which I can make productive for sustainable living and beneficial for the environment, relaxing, and a little private escape from the surrounding built area. I feel incredibly free on the bike and  enjoy camping in a natural setting, but it would be most ideal to have a permanent set up where I can start to develop consistent sustainable lifestyle.

I am incredibly bored in the place where I am staying. I do realise I am fortunate to have a place to stay here in Broome with a very kind women, yet I am becoming very uncomfortable with staying in the one place with no one around. I have a few friends who I also met on my journey, and I am hoping to go camping with them at some point in the next few days. As the weather is quite bad we can not confirm anything at this moment. I have booked a flight back to Melbourne for next Tuesday night (21/06). If I don't go camping I think I will check into a hostel in town. I have roughly 5 days remaining and would love to meet other people and explore more of the surrounding area. My host here however is persistent that I stay here for free! Now that I have arranged to return to Melbourne I have a lot less stress on my financial situation. I know that I can at least make it back and survive for a week or two without being overly tight. The best thing is I have been informed work is very busy, something I am looking forward to getting straight into. The idea of saving and getting my own place is becoming very dominant and strong in my mindset.

I have to note how extreme the weather is here!! The rain is non-stop. It is almost flooding the streets. Thank god I'm not camping out tonight!.

Tonight my host and I enjoyed another nice meal together!

No comments:

Post a Comment