Thursday 28 February 2013

Day 57 (Nullabor on way to W.A Border Village)

Day: 177km

It's around 6:15am and pouring rain. I'm laying in my tent listening to heavy rain and what sounds to be a puddle getting bigger and bigger next to my tent. I can also hear the dingoes getting into my gear, or at least sounds like that. I was planning on leaving at this time. I have 185 to 200km to the border and wanted to do it today. In these conditions I can't really do anything though. I'm contemplating doing the ride in the rain and head wind. The only problem is not being able to make it and having set up my tent in pouring rain in the bush. This bush mind you is shrubland, filled with venemous snakes, plentiful dingoes, wild camels and hundreds of other animals. If I push through I know I can do it. I will continue writing at end of day, as I'm now going to look outside of tent as it sounds like rains softening a bit. Could be a good chance to get going...

I can now write that I've done 175km since this morning. I got out of my tent and in the light drizzle I managed to pack all my thing up. My tent was still wet and sleeping bag also, but they were still good enough to pack up. I pulled up about 10 km short of the W.A border a I knew it wold e hard to find free camping around the border. This spot is beautiful, however extremely windy. The only positive about such strong wind is that it's forming into a south easterly, meaning I should be able to have advantage from a tailwind tomorrow.

I'm sleeping in a parking bay and there are a few other caravans nearby. Sitting around one caravan is a group of older people, with some being very drunk. When I see people in this state it makes me realise how much alcohol swindles your persona and how easily you become judged. This man is interrupting, talking over the others, not making sense and appears to be a very annoying person to be around.

As soon as I pulled in I set up the cooker and had a big feed. I was wrapped as I finished off all the veggies from the Turkish man. I also finished all the bread off and olives. I'm saving the tuned fruit for breakfast tomorrow. Very fortunate for that man providing me with this food.











No comments:

Post a Comment