Monday 28 January 2013

Day 23 (Rest day - Melbourne)

Another rest day by default. Frustrating to say the least. Great news from today was my back checked out ok. Just a jar and some tension in lower spinal area from the impact of the crash. This was a big relief for me as I know I can enjoy my normal lifestyle at the end of the trip. It sometimes make me think how much this trip is worth to me if I end up doing damage of some sort, but then I think about the experience and the challenge and it overpowers any negatives.

I caught up with another traveller I met in Tasmania, a German fellow from Strahan. I introduced him to a friend of mine as we went out for some fresh vegetarian food at lentils. It made me realise how good of person my friend from Melbourne is, as he was very hospitable to the German fellow. He also offered the german fellow his phone number and told him to call him if he was ever in any trouble. It made me think about another group of mates I have, and how very few of them would ever be that welcoming to a stranger.

It is these type of signs that give me reasoning to branch away from certain type of people and surround my self with those that have the mannerisms that I also seek. Definitely not the common scene of excessive alcohol and wasting time in dirty nightclubs saturated with fakeness. More reassessing to do when I return at the end of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment