Thursday 10 January 2013

Day 9 (Rest - Hobart)

Today was another good easy rest day. Lazing around, not doing much. I went into the Aboriginal office of Tasmania to learn more about the Aboriginal culture here. I was curious about how or if different nations existed, such as on mainland. I knew not to expect much as I've been told many times Tassie doesn't have much of a culture left.

In the office they had aboriginal words up on windows, on pamphlets and other places around the office. Didn't look any different to a Koorie office back in Vic. The girl at the reception was very helpful. She informed me about a festival this weekend, where they cooked up local foods and had Indigenous artists from around the country, and also locally. I was hoping to volunteer some time but with my time schedule I won't be able to make it.

Tonight was great, I had a delicious pizza that my self and a few others cooked up. I had a good time with two German girls. So far in this trip I've met a few Germans and all have been really nice.

I said farewell to a few tonight as well. I look forward to coming back here. Tomorrow il be leaving for Orford, up on the east coast.



No comments:

Post a Comment