Tuesday 12 March 2013

Day 65 (Esperance - Rest Day)

Last nights sleep was the best I've had in a long time. This would have been a result of being so tired after yesterday, but also knowing that I was in a town and have the comfort of a few days off. I woke up with no stress and felt incredibly relaxed. I was sore but mentally it would be equivalent to starting long service leave.

I had my muesli for breakfast as I sat with the French family and the daughters South African boyfriend. I have tended to spend more time with the South African as he's a native English speaker but also a similar age and interests to me. It has been great relaxing and learning more about different culture along the way.

We went to the beach around mid-morning. I was sore and surprisingly didn't even have the energy to get into the water. I was comfortable just laying on the sand and soaking in the morning sun. Without waiting to long I jumped in the water and reaped the saltwater benefits. The strong current felt like a hydrotherapy for my muscles. We threw around the frisbee and played all day at the beach. This was great fun.

Afterwards we went to a cafe and I was yet again in gratitude to my French friends. They shouted me a mango smoothie, which I enjoyed very much. We played cards and have relaxed for the rest of the afternoon.







No comments:

Post a Comment