Tuesday 12 March 2013

Day 66 (Esperance - Rest Day)

Sleeping last night I woke up on a few occasions. I thought there may have been dogs or possums scratching around my tent. I got out of my sleeping bag to store all my food in my tent. I realised this morning that I may still have had a sense of paranoia from my time on the Nullarbor. Unfortunately ants had crawled all over my loaf of bread, so when I put it in my tent during the night the ants were crawling all over me. I had even more paranoia here, as I thought these were bed bugs. All night I kept trying to brush them off my body. Every time I had an itch I assumed the worst and was so tired I just left them. Luckily this morning I realised they were just ants and I have nothing to worry about. Very relieved!!

Today has been more relaxing and more eating. I sussed out a cheap massage in town and it turned out to be one of the best I've ever had. I made it clear on the type of masseur this time, after my dreadful experience in Adelaide. In Adelaide I searched on google "cheapest massage in Adelaide".. Something I will never recommend. You may save $10 but it defeats the purpose of having a massage. The lady who did the massage in Adelaide was a 68year old women who literally tickled my body. You leave more irritated then relaxed. Nonetheless today was great.

Following the massage I have caught up in a few phone calls, bought some food at the supermarket and had my ear checked out by a pharmacist. I have experienced ear pain after the heavy rainfall on the Nullarbor, I think my ear may have gotten infected. The pharmacist thinks it may be a muscle cramp, which I'm relieved about and means I don't have to resort to any western medicine.

It has been fun at the camp site, with more fun and games with the French family. The French son is a funny guy. He has been heavily sun burnt on his legs and has to waddle around when he walks. I feel bad laughing but it is really hard not to! I have also done some maintenance on my bike, cleaned bits and pieces and washed my clothes and sleeping bag.

Time for more relaxing and a big feed. Tomorrow last day with French family, thinking I'll check into a youth hostel down the road.










No comments:

Post a Comment