Saturday 27 April 2013

Day 110 (Carnavon to Coral Bay)

April 21 (Sunday)

This morning I packed my gear and stored it with the caravan park managers.

A fellow camper at the caravan park lent me his snorkels, promising me that they will be very beneficial over the next few days. I can't wait..

We first stopped at the blow holes, which is situated around 70km outside of Canarvon. This was a very interesting site. The landscape meeting the sea was something very different. From a distance it would appear like a desert scape crossing paths with the ocean, yet on closer inspection you see it's a type of flattened volcanic rock surface. Nonetheless it is a very impressive sight. I sat in this spot, watching the water squirt through with great pressure out of what must of been a long funnel through the rocks. It is situations such as this that feed my environmental hunger. It is as If my mind is craving natural ecological formations, and when I sit and marvel at such a presence my mind is in a state of nirvana. It lasts for a few minutes then it reflects on environmental degradation, and why human beings can act in such ways when we are surrounded by so much natural beauty. I especially wander why when these environmental systems are the very core of our life. I realise others may have not yet reached this particular understanding and think what I could possibly do to better this gap that exists. I'm not a preacher and am not very fond of preachers, but in terms of environmental behaviour and practices I think preaching is not an applicable term. It is real and proven (compared to other matters that are preached) beneficial (and necessary) for human development, also every other form of life.

Something to feed my thought for a little while to come.

Pulling into Coral Bay was a surreal feeling. It is such beautiful scenery, and the water still being crystal clear with only having the moon light above. All three of us jumped in for a swim before setting up camp.













No comments:

Post a Comment