Wednesday 10 April 2013

Day 93 (Perth - Rest Day)

April 4 (Thursday)

Today I headed back to the museum. I spent a very long time in the stolen generation section yesterday and was keen to look at the other sections on tribal history and detail on W.A's traditional nations today. This museum is really incredible and details every little note on the most particular areas that many other cultural centres and/or museums fail to cover. I try very carefully to note associate Aboriginal culture or knowledge with museums, as a museum is not where we should be looking to learn this information. In many cases this knowledge is still strong, and I see this as somewhat demoralising to refer to a living culture as bound to a museum. Nonetheless the Aboriginal section had gave a good insight into life on the cattle stations up in the north west, the fight for equity amongst workers and right through to the current days and how conditions are now. A very important place to visit if ever in W.A. Unfortunately I didn't finish this whole section so will have to come again at some point.

The rest of the day I spent looking around Perth. I researched the location of a bicycle shop to drop into tomorrow. I want to get my bike up to scratch before I tackle this next section. My concerns at the moment are mostly the tension in my spokes, worn cables, loose screws, chain and cassette wear plus general maintenance.

Home made spaghetti with $2 organic vegetarian mince made from fungi. Perfect.





No comments:

Post a Comment