Saturday 27 April 2013

Day 115 (Coastal area Exmouth on way to Canarvon)

April 26 (Friday)

We have headed back towards Canarvon today. It was hard to leave, for all three of us, as this place has been absolutely beautiful. We went for one last swim and then head back to a free camp area half way to Canarvon. This is actually the same camp ground I will probably camp at for my next leg on the bike. In a sense its been good to check it out, but I also like keeping surprised so to give me more eagerness to keep going on the bike.

It was a very fitting send off tonight. Not only did my friends make a great dinner with fresh local sea foods, but we also had the pleasure of a nice bright full moon directly above is. Apparently along the Tropic of Capricorn the moon sits directly in the middle of the sky on two occasions during the year. That is not at the moment, yet it certainly looks close to directly above us!

Getting close to Canarvon tonight also means we will get into town early tomorrow. This is good as I want to check out the Aboriginal cultural centre before I leave, and having time I can also get my stuff ready before leaving early the next morning.











No comments:

Post a Comment