Friday 12 April 2013

Day 94 (Perth - Rest day)

April 5 (Friday)

Today was great. I took my bike first thing into Perth and arranged some small reparations. The main concern being tension in spokes, screws replaced if required and applied with necessary lock grip. I was informed it will be finished tonight, but will plan on getting it Monday next week. Price for maintenance being $60.

As I haven't had any response for work, I now feel inclined to leave Perth earlier then I anticipated. I was hoping to get at least a weeks work to help fund this second half of my trip. Either I've had no response at all or when I have it's been that there are already many foreigners on a waiting list to labour anyway. It now appears the trip up north is going to have to be extremely frugal and lacking many of the luxuries I've had for the first half of my trip. The luxuries I talk about are such things as cakes from a bakery, cold drink from a roadhouse or even the odd caravan accommodation. Now I will have to be more resourceful with food, sleep in in public spaces or the bush on nearly every occasion and decline any other tempting options that may pop up along the way.

I am very fortunate to have free accommodation here in Perth. In the three days I've been here I have spent on average $2.50 a day. This is on minimal discounted foods so that I don't have to scrounge off my friends.

I met up with my friend Luke in Fremantle. I spent around two hours in the Didgeridoobreadth Shop in Fremantle practising the Didgeridoo with a nice guy in there. He taught me many unique sounds and we practised circular breathing. It felt very surreal in this shop, as it is the same place I actually bought my sliding didge from online. They had the exact same one in the shop so me and the other fella practiced on the same type. After this my mate Luke took me down to Cottelsloe beach and we enjoyed the afternoon there.

Tonight I met up with my other friend Matt. We went into town and I managed to catch up with a friend who is around for a few days from Melbourne. We went to a pub, but I must admit I felt very uncomfortable. Too many pretentious people, drunken slobs, and too much make up on the girls for me to even look twice. The biggest benefit of going here is that I collected six dollars off the ground. I'm now contemplating returning another night by my self, solely for the purpose of collecting money off the ground from all the drunken people.

For now I have to get some sleep before my friend Matt's triathlon tomorrow. I was also keen on participating but an $80 entry fee was enough to make spectating more appealing.








No comments:

Post a Comment