Saturday 13 April 2013

Day 99 (Perth to Rotnest Island)

April 10 (Wednesday)
Day: 30km

This morning I met up with Matt in Subiaco. We caught the train to Fremantle to spend the day down at Rotnest island. I was very fortunate that my friend Luke could organise two free tickets. The tickets are quite costly to go, a the ferry operator has a monopoly on business and charges a higher price.

The island was absolutely beautiful. Matt and I did a whole loop of the island, stopping on several occasions for a swim an a snorkel. We had a snorkel for at least 2hours.

I found the snorkelling here great. It wasn't spectacular coral and reefs yet it still provided much beauty. I saw a bright blue fish, almost illuminating in the water. Only a few minutes later I saw some coral of the exact same blue colour. This to me was an interesting insight into the possible reasoning for this particular fish to have such the unique colours that it had. It made me think about kangaroos, lizards or other Australian land animals. They also seem to camouflage to their surroundings. I wander how we humans are evolving to camouflage to our surroundings..

















No comments:

Post a Comment