Saturday 27 April 2013

Day 114 (Exmouth to Coastal area)

April 25 (Thursday)

We decided to go to a national park area along the coastline to camp tonight. It is a great set up here with toilet facilities available at each different camp site. In total tere is nine or so camp sites. As it is a busy holiday period we had to get in nice and early with the ranger to book our spot. There is no power on site but this hasn't bothered any of us.

We had a look through the different sites and really enjoyed the day. This landscape was unbelievable. This day is something I will remember for a very long time. There was one particular spot where it was a sort of gorge, containing a river running into the sea. After hiking around I convinced my German friends to jump in the water with me. This was extremely refreshing.

It is Anzac Day today I soon realised Essendon vs Collingwood would be playing. I tried explaining to my German friends the game of AFL and also the significance of this particular game. Being German, and also quite older, the topic of wartime heroes was something out of the ordinary for them to talk about. I couldn't find the game on the radio and was a little annoyed. As we were driving my friend tried again and to my good fortune it was on. They went snorkelling some more whilst I spent my time listening to the second half of the game. I can tell you I was very happy, and I think a few travellers close by could also tell.













No comments:

Post a Comment