Saturday 27 April 2013

Day 113 (Exmouth)

April 24 (Wednesday)

Today was great. I didn't so much and that's perhaps what I loved most about it. I went into the small town of Exmouth and utilised the local library. I ordered a new tyre from NSW and arranged for it to get sent to Port Hedland. The tyre was very good value and put me in a great mood to find it so cheap, and also arrange for it to get sent roughly 900km away. After going over the map I've figured this should have plenty of time to get there and a local caravan park has kindly offered to hold it for me.

I was also pleased as the town has a brumbys bakery in it. I figured this would mean left over bread out in skip out the back. I was correct and managed to score two big pizza breads. I did a bit of reading for the rest of the day and waited for my German friends to come back. I must note the amount of wildlife around town here. There seems to be a lot of emus just casually strolling through the streets and also a few small kangaroos, possibly wallabies. The sunset here is also incredibly beautiful. It is made even more beautiful as the moon is also as bright as anything and it just so happens to be close to a full moon. We are roughly a few hundred km's north of the Tropic of Capricorn and have noticed the transition of sunset and moon rise is becoming quicker and quicker.











No comments:

Post a Comment